We hope you and your family are in good health. We have all been through a lot over the past few months. We want you to know we are committed to your safety.
Our office was allowed to reopen on May 8th according to the State of North Carolina stay at home orders. We decided to open at a later date, May 18th. The safety of our patients and staff members is our top priority. Drs Barone and Ford follow infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), The Centers of Disease and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We have spent this time away from patient care to stay informed of any new rules and guidance issued by these agencies. Our office complies with these guidelines to prevent the spread of Covid-19. Universal precautions have always been used in treating our patients to prevent transmission of diseases that have been in existence prior to this pandemic.
We have implemented the following to supplement our infection control protocol:
· Our staff’s temperatures will be taking as they enter the building and screened via questionnaire for Covid-19 symptoms.
· Patients will be screened via phone when making appointments and confirming appointments (the same Covid-19 symptom questionnaire as employees). The same questionnaire will then be asked again as you enter the building for your appointment.
· Each treatment room and reception room will have air purification systems to filter the air.
· New evacuation systems have been ordered for all hygiene rooms to decrease aerosol production and ultrasonic instruments will be used only as necessary.
· We will take your temperature upon entering the building. We ask that you wear a mask when you enter our office until you arrive in the treatment room. If possible, please bring your own pen to update your health history.
· Hand sanitizer will be available in various areas of the office for your use.
· Please stay in your car or social distance in our reception room. If you chose to stay in your car, please call us at (704)847-9858 when you arrive.
· We are encouraging our patients not to sit in the reception room any longer than necessary. Magazines, coffee bar, and water will no longer be available until further notice.
· Please do not bring extra family members with you to appointments, as they will be asked to stay in the car. Children can be escorted to the front door and we will call parents at the end of their appointment. Patients that need assistance may be escorted to the treatment room provided they wear a mask.
In order to implement these infection control procedures, unfortunately a small fee will be added to all office visits that require treatment. This will be in place as long as the government agency guidelines are in place.
If you have any questions regarding this update, please feel free to call our office so we may address your concerns. As always, we appreciate your trust and loyalty to our practice.